Series: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Race: 14 of 22 – September 1, 2013
Driver: Max Papis
Truck: No. 14 Sport Clips Chevrolet Silverado
Track: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
Race: Chevrolet Silverado 200
Distance: 64 Laps/157.37 Miles
- This week as NTS Motorsports makes the trek across the border to Canada with the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS), fans will see a new face among the driver lineup for NTS Motorsports as Road-Course Ace Max Papis takes the wheel of the No. 14 Sport Clips Chevrolet Silverado. Utilizing his experience on the track, which includes a win, Papis will be able to help both Rookie Brennan Newberry and Veteran Ron Hornaday learn the 10-turn 2.459-mile road course in preparation for the series inaugural Chevrolet Silverado 200 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park on Sunday, September 1, 2013.
- Previously this season Papis has made one NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) start and three NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) starts. Of those starts, three were on road courses. In the NSCS, Papis competed at Watkins Glen International in New York where he qualified 29th and finished 15th for Stewart Haas Racing (SHR). Of his three NNS starts for Richard Childress Racing (RCR), two were on road courses. Papis competed at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin where he qualified 10th and finished 17th. Most recently Papis finished fourth at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, after starting from the 10th position. This week Papis looks to have his best finish this season on a road course and walk away with his first-career victory in one of NASCAR’s top-three series.
- Along with a new driver comes a new crew. NTS Motorsports welcomes Jeff Stankiewicz to call the shots for Papis and the No. 14 Sport Clips team this week at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. Previously, Stankiewicz has served as crew chief for Parker Kligerman and Brad Keselowski at Brad Keselowski Racing. In 2010, he worked as car chief and crew chief for Brian Scott. In addition, Stankiewicz also spent time working at Turner Motorsports. Stankiewicz won a race as a crew member with Kevin Harvick at RCR at Watkins Glen International.
- Fans attending this weekend’s activities at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park will have the opportunity to meet the driver’s of the NCWTS on Saturday afternoon during the NASCAR autograph session. Stop by between 1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. ET to meet your favorite driver and collect autographs from driver’s participating in the inaugural Chevrolet Silverado 200!
- NTS Motorsports welcomes Sport Clips to the team this week as the primary sponsor for Max Papis in his first-career start with NTS Motorsports as he pilots the No. 14 Chevrolet Silverado for the inaugural NCWTS event at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
- Catch the Chevrolet Silverado 200 from Canadian Tire Motorsport Park on MRN, Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 90 and Fox Sports 1 on Sunday, September 1, beginning at 1:30 p.m. ET with the race set to start at 2:00 p.m. ET.
From the Driver’s Seat with Road Course Ace Max Papis:
“I am extremely excited to race at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. As soon as I heard that NASCAR would be racing at this track, I knew I had to do whatever it took to be a part of it. Partnering with a great company like Sport Clips and getting support from KMC Wheels and Chevrolet is fantastic for me. I was able to win at this track in 1996 and have enjoyed good results there ever since. Canadian fans are extremely enthusiastic and I look forward to competing in front of the many fans and friends I have made in Canada throughout my career. Even though this track is new to NASCAR, the history of the track is tremendous. I look forward to bringing my determination and passion to win this historic race with a great team like NTS Motorsports.”
From the Box with Crew Chief Jeff Stankiewicz:
“I am a fan of road course racing and I am excited to have the opportunity to compete with a great driver like Max Papis. I have been fortunate enough to race at Watkins Glen, Mexico and Montreal, so I am thrilled to compete at another road course like Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. NTS Motorsports is a great team that has equipment capable of winning races. The Sport Clips Chevrolet will be in contention to not only run in the top-three, but will definitely be a favorite to win.”
Notable Notes from Owner Bob Newberry:
“This weekend will be filled with a lot of firsts – marking the first time that the trucks head over the border, the first time that the drivers have to make left and right turns as they compete at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, the first time for NTS Motorsports to welcome Max (Papis) to our team along with Ron (Hornaday) and Brennan (Newberry). It will be a great weekend for our team and I’m looking forward to competing for NTS’s first win with all three teams!”
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
2.459-mile Road Course
10-Turn Road Course
About Sport Clips Haircuts:
Sport Clips Haircuts is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas and was established in 1993 by founder and CEO Gordon Logan. The sports-themed haircutting franchise, which specializes in haircuts for men and boys, is ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the top 20 “Fastest-Growing Franchises,” and in the top 10 percent of the “Franchise 500.” Sport Clips is the “Official Haircutter” of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), offers veterans preferential pricing on haircuts and franchises, and was named as one of the “Top Franchises for Veterans” by Franchise Business Review. Our “Help A Hero” program has raised almost $2 million to help deployed and hospitalized U.S. service members call home through the VFW’s Operation Uplink. Sport Clips is a proud sponsor of Joe Gibbs Racing’s NASCAR drivers Denny Hamlin and Elliott Sadler, as well as NTS Motorsports NASCAR driver Max Papis, and partners with numerous NCAA and professional sports teams. To learn more about Sport Clips, visit www.sportclips.com.
For more information about NTS Motorsports, visit ntsmotorsports.com.
For more information about Sport Clips Haircuts, visit SportClips.com.
Follow us on Twitter @TeamNTS, @TeamNTS14Truck and @MaxPapis.